At Jigsaw we believe in offering a wide range of teaching materials and learning methods to the children and not to restrict them to one particular method of teaching. By doing this we feel that each individual child can excel to the best of their ability.
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage in order to help prepare children for when they start school. Within the curriculum are the seven areas of learning and development. In the Duckling and Robin rooms we concentrate on three ‘prime areas’ of learning which are particularly crucial for igniting children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, and building their capacity to learn, form relationships and thrive. The three areas are:
- Personal, Social and Emotional
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
In the Owl room we support children further by incorporating the four ‘specific areas’ through which the three prime areas are strengthened and applied . The four areas are:
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
In conjunction with the educational programme we offer extra curriculum activities. These are:
- French Lessons with Raksha using the ‘La Jolie Ronde’ programme especially designed for children in Early Years.
- Computer lessons – Computer lessons are offered as an optional extra by CLICK IT!, who visit the nursery schools.
- Music and Movement Sessions
- High staff ratio keywork time, supporting children in their early mathematical, letters and sounds development.