At Jigsaw we believe in offering a wide range of teaching materials and learning methods to the children and not to restrict them to one particular method of teaching. By doing this we feel that each individual child can excel to the best of their ability.
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage, in order to help prepare children for when they start school. Within the curriculum are the six key areas of learning which are:
- Personal, Social and Emotional
- Communication, Literacy and Language
- Problem solving, Reasoning and Numeracy
- Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Physical Development
- Creative Development
In conjunction with the educational programme we offer extra curriculum activities. These are:
- French – Learnt through songs and games.
- Computer lessons – Computer lessons are offered as an optional extra by CLICK IT!, who visit the nursery school once a week.
- Music and Movement Session